bekins technical training
earn while you learn!
Start a rewarding career with Bekins. Earn more than $31,000 per year while receiving technical training from one of the leaders in the industry!
Get out of the classroom setting and start a rewarding career by hitting the road with our Electronics Installation Technicians, Appliance Installers or Appliance Repair Technicians.
Depending on the position you choose you may learn:
- Low voltage electricity installation, design, maintenance and termination
- Designing, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting complex, secure networks
- Acoustical design – the mathematics and geometry of optimizing audio for a variety of rooms and obstacles
- Integrating systems which set the benchmark for security
- Mechanical skills – understand how a motor’s mechanical parts interact with appliances and electronics
- Learn to read and understand the schematics of wiring diagrams in technical sheets for a variety of appliances and brands
- Basic understanding of plumbing and gas; how they work in the home, how they attach to appliances and how water works within various appliances
- Basic carpentry skills, including the proper use of hand tools and soldering equipment
In addition, you will spend most of your day out of the office visiting a variety of homes and meeting new people. Our employees develop relationships with various homeowners, contractors, electricians and other skilled workers across West Michigan.