An entire suite of appliances usually starts with one choice. When my family decided to get a new suite of kitchen appliances, I knew I wanted an induction range.
Why? I was thinking about the safety of my toddler at home.
WHAT IS an INDUCTION range?
I chose a slide-in range with a convection oven and an induction cooktop. Induction uses electromagnetic energy to generate instant heat directly to your cookware without spreading the heat across the entire cooking surface.
If you have never experienced induction cooking, you can learn more about it by clicking here.
When I bought my home, it came with a gas range. My family had to hire an electrician to give us the correct electrical outlet in order to make the change to our new range.
WHY I CHOSE AN INDUCTION RANGE
- My son can’t turn on a gas burner anymore, reach over the top of the range and risk burning himself (believe me he tried once).
- I can also control lock both the oven and cooktop elements on my slide-in range. So my toddler cannot easily turn them on.
- Finally, the heating element on top doesn’t stay very hot for very long.
don’t get me wrong, it’s not fool proof
While I enjoy all of the benefits mentioned above, I still take precautions when cooking around my toddler at home.
- I try to use the back heating elements on the cooktop because the pan I’m cooking can still get too hot to touch.
- I can’t use the control lock when the cooktop or oven are cooking, so I still need to keep my son away from anything hot when it’s on.