Would you like to work for a company which genuinely values its employees?
Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
Are you ready for the most intensive training of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Purchasing/Inventory Assistant – Coopersville, MI
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The new Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative tasks and will be a highly inventive team player, comfortable working in a dynamic environment, and happy to work with internal and external customers. The Assistant will have strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills. This individual will excel in a company that provides award-winning customer service through holding employees to a high level of performance and accountability.
- Assist the Manager and Buyer with administrative duties
- Complete a variety of tasks in general administration, routing and scheduling, processing paperwork, communication and follow-up
- Type reports and emails, search invoices, edit documents, count inventory, process transfers, and sort and file paperwork
- Work across departments to determine the best way to handle damage inventory, work with vendors to process damage returns and credits
- Process good stock returns, work with store managers to follow up when necessary
- Monitor inventory for overage and loss
- Assist Manager in identifying unapproved inventory, then determine a plan to move unapproved inventory quickly and efficiently
- Maintain closeout inventory, work with Manager and Buyer to determine a plan for moving inventory quickly. Monitor to determine necessary changes.
- Assist with the coordination of yearly company inventory
- Handle matters efficiently and follow through on projects to successful completion
- Be organized, efficient, professional and friendly
- Experience in clerical or administrative support positions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to navigate detailed computer software programs with ease
- Ability to follow process beginning to end thoroughly
- Flexibility to adjust to current circumstances when necessary
- Excellent attention to detail
- A friendly personality with a desire to help
- Clearly, appropriately, and concisely communicate in verbal and written formats
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.