Would you like to work for a company which genuinely values its employees?
Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
Are you ready for the most intensive training of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The new member of the maintenance team will be a hands-on, physical worker with solid mechanical skills. This position is responsible for maintaining all Bekins properties. You will excel in a company that provides award-winning customer service through holding employees to a high level of performance and accountability.
- Repair and perform maintenance of buildings and grounds for all Bekins properties
- Landscaping including replenishing shredded bark, garbage and debris removal, plantings, trimmings
- Pressure wash front covered walkway at GR building as needed
- Clean and maintain outside of storefronts
- Wash windows at all Bekins properties
- Plow and clear snow from all Bekins properties
- Check and clean roof drains
- Fix plumbing and electrical issues
- Maintain generators
- Change air filters on all furnaces
- Drain water heaters on an annual basis
- Maintain vehicle; perform daily inspections; maintain inventory of required supplies and tools with no losses; keep clean, organized, and secure
- Oversee and manage maintenance service providers (ie. asphalt seal coating, sprinklers, fire alarms, fire sprinkler systems, roofing)
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures
- Be organized, efficient, professional and friendly
- Solid technical and mechanical skills, experience with maintenance and snow plowing preferred
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, and maintenance
- Proficient with hand tools
- Able to move and handle heavy objects daily
- Stable employment history
- Excellent customer service skills; a friendly personality
- Able to communicate clearly, appropriately, and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Time off for major holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.