Would you like to work for a company which genuinely values its employees?
Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
Are you ready for the most intensive training of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The Lighting Designer works side by side with our customers to design, specify and quote customized lighting solutions. This position works directly with all clientele in their home to provide award-winning customer service, leaving a positive impression of Bekins with the customer, contractor and any other workers on the project. This position will be located at our Coopersville warehouse and office space, but will travel to the two store locations in Grand Haven and Grand Rapids, as needed.
- Design lighting systems
- Understanding of all aspects of lighting options
- Produce accurate proposals
- Work with and educate customers on lighting options to assist with selections
- Learn and keep current on product lines
- Learn and keep current on technology required for the position
- Consistently under promise and over deliver
- Train customers on equipment after installation
- Prior knowledge of lighting/electricity is preferred, but not required
- Communicate clearly, appropriately, and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Interior design experience a plus
- Technologically savvy
- Accurate, detailed and organized
- A sense of urgency for customers and team members
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.