Would you like to work for a company which genuinely values its employees?
Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
Are you ready for the most intensive training of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Electronics Installation Technician
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The Electronics Installation Technician works directly with our customers to apply the latest integrated electronics to their lives. Techs are responsible for the installation, maintenance, management, repair and programming of sophisticated electronic equipment including home theater and media rooms, whole home audio, automated lighting, motorized shades, thermostat control, acoustical design and engineering, wireless speakers and home audio integration. This position works directly with all Bekins clientele in their home to provide award-winning customer service, leaving a positive impression of Bekins with the customer, contractor and any other workers on the project. Technicians also spend some days working from their desks writing programming or providing network system support.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring schematics, hardware specifications and technical manuals
- Above average mathematical analytical skills
- Professional and efficient installation methods, per specifications and operational procedures
- Projection of a professional image of yourself and Bekins through significant exposure to the customer
- Ability to locate malfunctioning circuits, components, etc., and determine a method of repair
- Utilization of power tools to repair, install, test and align integrated electronic systems
- Safe ladder use when lifting and climbing ladders to install and repair
- Communication skills to clearly and concisely explain systems to customers – training them in how to use their new products
- Have an interest in the latest electronic products, systems, devices and tools
- Find enjoyment in helping the customer get the right product installed and programmed to their specifications and preferences
- Have an aptitude for detailed work
- Be proficient in network troubleshooting / network system support / setting up of and connecting to networks
- Be proficient in WatchGuard, DNS, DHCP, domains, subnets and VLANs
- Be proficient in setting up of apps
- Be proficient in Windows Server, OS, Hyper-V and RDS
- Be thorough and consistent in documenting work performed on appropriate forms
- Adhere to the Bekins 3 Pillars of Success – Preparation, Paperwork and Performance
- Safely travel to worksites – maintain equipment, vehicles, and work areas in a clean and professional manner
- CEDIA Certified Electronics Systems Technician
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.