COMMERCIAL APPLIANCES BELONG IN COMMERCIAL KITCHENS
Commercial appliances will likely fail a home inspection. Even if they did pass inspection, they do not work well at home for a variety of reasons:
- VOID: Most commercial products void the warranty if used in a residential setting.
- LOUD: They make a lot of noise.
- LOOKS: Manufacturers often build commercial appliances deeper than residential cabinets and counter tops. They also require more space to vent. So commercial appliances will likely leave ugly gaps and extend into your working space.
- HOT: Commercial ranges produce more heat which means you will need a commercial grade vent. Prepare for costly makeup air and more noise.
- NOT COLD ENOUGH: Commercial refrigerators only need to keep food fresh for a day or two. So if you want your food to last longer, choose a home refrigerator.
- SERVICE: Many commercial companies will not service appliances in a home. Residential appliance companies do not have the proper training or access to the right parts. Which means, you will likely struggle to find someone to fix your commercial appliance in the home.
- AND THAT’S JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG!
A BETTER FIT FOR YOUR HOME: PRO STYLE APPLIANCES
Pro style appliances offer a commercial look and feel but do not present any of the problems listed above. Many brands found in our Bekins showrooms offer pro style appliances:
- AND MORE!