Would you like to work for a company which genuinely values its employees?
Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
Are you ready for the most intensive training of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The recruiter will be committed to delivering a high level of excellence to all of our candidates as well as to our customers. The new member of the Human Resources team will be experienced in handling a variety of administrative tasks. As the recruiter, you will need to be an inventive individual who is adept to working in a fast-paced environment, can follow through on deadlines, while remaining flexible, dedicated, and efficient. You will naturally be able to exercise good judgement in a multitude of situations with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills, while having the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. You will be responsible for owning the recruitment process from start to finish.
- Lead the recruiting and hiring process for all open positions
- Screen resumes and interview candidates in person, make recommendations for hire (or not hire) and deliver employment offers to candidates
- Build a recruiting strategy for attracting top talent by attending job fairs and promoting the company’s open positions
- Establish and maintain job postings to be posted on the company website
- Coordinate the administration of assessments for all potential candidates
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Handle the onboarding process and ensure all required documentation is filled out completely and is legally compliant
- Stay current on the personnel policies and procedures of the company in order to successfully translate the values and goals to candidates
- Handle matters expeditiously and actively; follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Succinctly, accurately and skillfully communicate information verbally and in writing
- Maintain and respect confidentiality of information
- Academic background or work experience in Human Resources preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail; professional
- A friendly personality with an eagerness to help all of our clientele
- Spends lots of attention on building and maintaining relationships
- Team-player; able to involve others in the decision-making
- Enjoys an environment where every single day is different from the next; especially in personal interactions
- Able to communicate clearly, appropriately, and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Stable employment history
- Able to maintain positive working relationships with all types and levels of individuals
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.