Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The Lighting Designer works side by side with our customers to design, specify and quote customized lighting solutions. This position works directly with all clientele in their home to provide award-winning customer service, leaving a positive impression of Bekins with the customer, contractor and any other workers on the project. This position will be located at our Coopersville warehouse and office space, but will travel to the two store locations in Grand Haven and Grand Rapids, as needed.
- Ability to design both high-voltage and low-voltage systems
- Ability to navigate vendors sites to capture correct pricing and creation of pricing quotes
- Be proficient on our company’s point of sales computer system
- Expertly be able to educate and sell to a wide variety of customers
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures
- Learn product lines for sales and comparison purposes
- Consistently under promise and over deliver
- Interpersonal skills to clearly and concisely explain use to customers
- Quick study of new and incoming software
- Implantation and Importing of files
- Prior knowledge of lighting/electricity is preferred, but not required
- Be knowledgeable, well-spoken and honest
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly, appropriately, and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Have a knack for interior design
- Technologically savvy
- Be accurate, detailed and organized
- Always have a sense of urgency for customers and other team members
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.