General Accounting Professional
The new member of the Accounting team will be experienced in general accounting, with strong administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Accounting Team is responsible for Banking/Cash Flow, Accounts Receivable, Account Payable, and Payroll for a thriving appliance and electronics retail store with multiple locations. This position will be responsible for working closely with the Accounting Manager to ensure the success of the department, and the smooth and efficient running of daily activities.
- Complete a 3 month, self-driven training course
- Be an expert in our company’s point of sales computer system
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures
- Prepare, process, track, and maintain a wide variety of reports, reconciliations, inventories, schedules, audits and budgets.
- Help enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles. Help identify areas of efficiency and take a proactive approach to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our vendors’ policies, programs, and specials—including understanding of proper invoicing.
- Be organized, efficient, professional and friendly
- Handle customer concerns and questions appropriately
- Maintain and respect confidentiality of information
- 2-5 years accounting experience, including AR and Payroll
- Experience with payroll processing software, preferably Evolution
- Experience with accounting software, preferably ePASS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Able to navigate detailed and complex computer software programs with ease
- Superior judgement, analytical and reasoning skills
- Extremely detail-oriented personality
- Able to communicate clearly, appropriately, and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Stable employment history
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all types and levels of individuals