Reporting directly to the President, the new member of the Executive Assistant team will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, and should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Completes critical aspects of routine tasks and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Handles matters expeditiously and proactively; follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Succinctly, accurately and professionally communicates information verbally and in writing.
- Creates and formats professional documents; prepares, analyzes, edits, interprets, tracks and monitors a variety of reports, invoices, communications, letters, products, discounts, inventories and files.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Utilizes a variety of research methods to look for product information, solutions to problems, new processes, standards compliance, etc. Analyzes information from a variety of sources (internet, books, technical manuals, people). Organizes and presents data in a clear and concise manner.
- Anticipates the President’s needs and proactively brings together appropriate people and resources to support the President in addressing these issues.
- Enhances the President’s and Bekins’ reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Accuracy. Meticulous follow-through.
- Advanced time management and organizational skills, with the ability to adapt to fluid schedules and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a variety of people including contractors, manufacturing representatives, co-workers, and a sophisticated customer base.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Forward looking, analytical thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Positive, upbeat, self-starting and can-do attitude.
- Enthusiasm to help without being asked. Skilled at anticipating needs.
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.