Bekins is a family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. We are now known as a service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins has doubled in size over the last five years, and we continue to look to hire the best.
Reporting directly to the President, the new member of the Executive Assistant team will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, and should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Completes critical aspects of routine tasks and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Handles matters expeditiously and proactively; follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Succinctly, accurately and professionally communicates information verbally and in writing.
- Creates and formats professional documents; prepares, analyzes, edits, interprets, tracks and monitors a variety of reports, invoices, communications, letters, products, discounts, inventories and files.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Utilizes a variety of research methods to look for product information, solutions to problems, new processes, standards compliance, etc. Analyzes information from a variety of sources (internet, books, technical manuals, people). Organizes and presents data in a clear and concise manner.
- Anticipates the President’s needs and proactively brings together appropriate people and resources to support the President in addressing these issues.
- Enhances the President’s and Bekins’ reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Accuracy. Meticulous follow-through.
- Advanced time management and organizational skills, with the ability to adapt to fluid schedules and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a variety of people including contractors, manufacturing representatives, co-workers, and a sophisticated customer base.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Forward looking, analytical thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Positive, upbeat, self-starting and can-do attitude.
- Enthusiasm to help without being asked. Skilled at anticipating needs.
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.