Would you like to work for a company which genuinely values its employees?
Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
Are you ready for the most intensive training of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
Reporting directly to the President, the new member of the Bekins team will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, and should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant will be a highly inventive team player, who excels in working in a dynamic environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, dedicated, and efficient. The individual will exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and will maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Completes critical aspects of routine tasks and special assignments by establishing objectives; setting priorities; managing time; gaining collaboration of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Handles matters expeditiously and proactively; follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Succinctly, accurately and professionally communicates information verbally and in writing.
- Creates and formats professional documents; prepares, analyzes, edits, interprets, tracks and monitors a multitude of reports, invoices, communications, letters, products, discounts, inventories and files.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Utilizes different research methods to look for product information, solutions to problems, new processes, standards compliance, etc. Analyzes information from many sources (internet, books, technical manuals, people). Organizes and presents data in a clear and concise manner.
- Anticipates the President’s needs and strategically brings together appropriate people and resources to support the President in addressing these issues.
- Enhances the President’s and Bekins’ reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to contribute to job accomplishments.
- Precision. Accuracy. Meticulous follow-through.
- Advanced time management and able to stay organized, can adapt to fluid schedules and priorities.
- Proven ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect consistent performance and prioritization of multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the capability to build relationships with all clientele including contractors, manufacturing representatives, co-workers, and a sophisticated customer base.
- Demonstrated take-charge approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Forward-looking, analytical thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Positive, upbeat, self-starting and can-do attitude.
- Enthusiasm to help without being asked. Skilled at anticipating needs.
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.