The Events Coordinator will report directly to the President. The new member of the Marketing team will be experienced in public relations and event planning and coordination. The Events Coordinator will be a highly resourceful team player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Follows marketing budget for public relations and marketing events
- Contacts builders and real estate agents to promote events and implement vendor promotions
- Organizes events and handles matters expeditiously and proactively; follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Completes critical aspects of routine tasks and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Succinctly, accurately and professionally communicates information verbally and in writing.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Utilizes a variety of research methods and handles issues with little direction.
- Enhances the President’s and Bekins’ reputation by branding the company and accepts ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Precision, accuracy, meticulous follow-through.
- Advanced time management and organizational skills, with the ability to adapt to fluid schedules and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a variety of people including vendors, contractors, manufacturing representatives, co-workers, and a sophisticated customer base.
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Forward looking, analytical thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Positive, upbeat, self-starting and can-do attitude.
- Enthusiasm to help without being asked. Skilled at anticipating needs.
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.