Would you like to work for a company which genuinely values its employees?
Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
Are you ready for the most intensive training of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Assistant Store Manager
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
Bekins is looking for an Assistant Manager with strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and implement successful management strategies. The Assistant Manager will be a highly inventive team player, who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, dedicated, and efficient. This position will suit you if you have good social and presentation skills and management experience. You will need to be disciplined and have organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Assist with the operations of the store, including the design of work flow within the store to achieve goals and objectives for accuracy and timeliness
- Influence others to move toward a specific goal or objective; effectively establish rapport to gain support and commitment for ideas in a timely manner
- Scheduling, managing and assembling schedules and daily paperwork
- Promote customer satisfaction, growth and profitability through increased efficiencies, attention to details, great communication, and organization
- Handle matters expeditiously and dedicatedly; follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating and re-designing processes; implementing changes
- Succinctly, accurately and professionally communicate information verbally and in writing
- Excellent conceptual skills while also being able to see the big picture
- Forward-looking, analytical thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Proven leadership experience showing the ability to build and carry out successful management strategies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication to the details, from budget management to locating inefficiencies
- Demonstrated can-do approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Very strong interpersonal skills in order to form relationships with a variety of people including contractors, manufacturing representatives, co-workers, and a sophisticated customer base
- Organization; ability to create structures to support or accomplish a plan
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.