Would you like to work for a company which genuinely values its employees?
Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
Are you ready for the most intensive training of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Appliance Repair Apprentice
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The new member of the Bekins team will be a critical thinker with proven problem solving ability and strong mechanical skills. Appliance Repair Technicians diagnose and repair a wide variety of gas and electric appliances including refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens, ranges, ice makers, washers, dryers and grills. The Appliance Repair Tech will excel in a company that provides award-winning customer service through holding employees to a high level of performance and accountability. It is Bekins’ goal to provide a stable work environment focused on developing healthy work-life balance.
- Complete at least 1 year as an apprentice, working with an expert Appliance Repair Technician
- Complete all service calls daily: provide work cost estimates, advise customers
- Successfully service appliances
- Refer to schematic drawings, product manuals, and troubleshooting guides in order to properly diagnose different appliances
- Replace worn and defective parts such as switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, circuit boards, or defective wiring
- Respect, protect and thoroughly clean up customer homes after every appointment
- Efficiently and accurately complete all paperwork required
- Maintain vehicle, perform daily inspections, maintain inventory
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures
- Be organized, efficient, professional and friendly
- Entry level – no prior experience repairing appliances is necessary
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Strong diagnostic ability – critical thinking, problem solving, able to see how things work and determine what has gone wrong
- Able to read schematic diagrams, product manuals and troubleshooting guides to help diagnose and repair problems
- Experience with hand tools; able to disassemble and reassemble appliances
- Desire to work directly with customers in their homes; educating them on the use of their appliances
- Excellent customer service skills; a friendly personality
- Able to communicate clearly, appropriately, and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.