Would you like to work for a company which genuinely values its employees?
Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
Are you ready for the most intensive training of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The new member of the Bekins’ team will be experienced in general accounting, with strong administrative and organizational skills, and can keep a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Accounting Team is responsible for Banking/Cash Flow, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll for a fast-growing appliance and electronics retail store with multiple locations. This position will be responsible for working closely with the Accounting Manager to ensure the success of the department, and the smooth and efficient running of daily activities.
- Be knowledgeable in our company’s point of sales computer system
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures
- Prepare, process, track, and maintain a wide variety of reports, reconciliations, inventories, schedules, audits and budgets
- Help implement proper accounting methods, policies and principles. Help identify areas of efficiency and take a can-do approach to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our vendors’ policies, programs, and specials—including understanding of proper invoicing
- Be organized, efficient, professional and friendly
- Handle accounts receivable collection including contacting customers
- Handle customer concerns and questions appropriately
- Maintain and respect confidentiality of information
- Experience with accounting software, preferably ePASS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Able to navigate detailed and complex computer software programs with ease
- Excellent judgement, analytical and reasoning skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to communicate clearly, appropriately, and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Stable employment history
- Professionalism and integrity
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all types and levels of individuals
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.